Thursday, February 11, 2010

pitter patter

there's just nothing like the pitter patter of my little mary's feet as she scurries to and fro in our house - there's just nothinng like it. as most little children do, mary often proclaims "i fast" and then off she goes to prove how fast she is - and she is fast. i don't know how those little legs can move so quickly, but they do - and i love it!

tonight, as i was rocking john to sleep, i heard the pitter patter coming towards his room. mary had come to kiss john goodnight as she has started to do. she kissed him on one cheek - started to run out of the room - and returned to kiss him on the other cheek. as she kissed him the second time, he made a cooing noise that sounded to her (and to me) as if he was saying "hey" to her. delighted, she replied "hey" and then looked at me with excitement and said "john hey" as if to tell me that john had just said "hey" to her - then she ran off to tell daddy the same news. i sat there, rocking my little 6 month old baby, in total amazement - that my other baby had in 22 months progressed from a crying newborn to a little girl aware of her little brother's progression.

and that all made me think of the mind of Christ and how it just amazes me - His infinite knowledge and His infinite love. that He created us and knew us and formed us before we were known. that He knew my little mary and my little john before i knew them - and that He loves them even more than i do - is that possible? when i look at the two of them as they say "hey" to each other and i feel as though my heart could explode, His love is even greater for them! it's just something i can't fully comprehend, but something i am very thankful for. and i am thankful for that love in my own life - that God knows me....i mean he REALLY knows me....and he love me still.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you've joined the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Emily. I know what you mean, I think God gives us glimpses of His love for us so we remember that it so much bigger than we could ever imagine!! Thanks for sharing that moment--how precious these times are!!

    ReplyDelete