Sunday, February 28, 2010

eric

this year eric and i will have been married for five years...time really flies. it seems like just yesterday when eric and i met at a restaurant with friends and began to talk auburn football.

it was july 9th, 2004 and i must tell you that i had (in my very narrow human mind) other plans brewing in my mind for my life when i met eric. but we met and had good conversation and by God's grace, he asked me out....and the rest is history.

there are lots of things that i love about my husband - and i am constantly amazed that God so perfectly brought him into my life as a way of showing me His love and His grace for me.

eric has strong convictions and opinions - sometimes very strong. when we were first married...and even sometimes now, i think to myself "why doesn't he go with the flow more?"....and then i am reminded of his strength and the fact that i wouldn't really want my husband to just "go with the flow". a strong man is of great worth in my eyes....if, of course, he can temper his strength with love and compassion....and for me, eric can. i am extremely sensitive and tenderhearted and that can be difficult to live with sometimes i know. it always amazes me how this man with such strength can also be so tender and love me when i most need him to.

eric is one of the most gracious people i know. in fact, i really believe that i had never understood God's grace until i met eric. it's a beautiful thing for sometime to know all of your flaws (as many as they can) and still love you...a true picture of God's love for us.

and so today i am overjoyed - overjoyed that i have such a strong, loving, gracious husband - and overjoyed mostly that i have a strong, loving, gracious God who walks with us in this journey of marriage.

p.s. - eric would be most upset if i didn't make the disclaimer that he is not perfect...and that there are days that he is difficult to live with....and b/c we live in a fallen world, this will be the case until we meet our Maker.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I found the blog! Little Mary is hilarious, I am glad you are documenting things about her - and John! My blog is heath-kelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete